Friday, September 4, 2009

Word of Mouth Referral Grows Client List

Exactly one year ago this month I signed on a new client that I had met briefly at two local events. After a very short period of time, this client was impressed enough with my services, and trusted me enough, that he referred me to two of his business partners.

I've enjoyed working for all three of them and it impresses me that the two business partners are people I've never met. Yet with each I have developed a trusting relationship to the point that they have each entrusted me with sensitive information. One of the business partners then referred me to one of his clients and she (I'll call her Mary) and I began working together the first of this year.

But the story doesn't end there. Now 'Mary' and I have been working together for nine months or so and again quickly developed a very trusting relationship. Thanks to her word of mouth referral, I just signed on another new client that I've never met.

So in exactly one year, and due to word of mouth referrals, from that one client I have gained an additional four directly as a result of his word of mouth referral.

So how can you develop trusting relationships and word of mouth referrals? Everything I've learned has been thanks to my coach. Together he and I now coach other virtual assistants to help them learn how to develop the same kind of trusting relationships with their clients and increase word of mouth referrals.

Contact us today to schedule your free 30-minute coaching consultation, no obligation.

And let us know what you do to create and maintain trusting relationships and word of mouth referrals.

No comments: