Wednesday, February 4, 2009

International Networking Week

International Networking Week™ is an initiative of BNI International®. Can you take some time this week to do some networking?

I've found that in-person networking is a great way to begin to build relationships with other people in business. It's not the time to sell yourself. It's the time to learn about other people, what they do, and how you can refer business to them.

Through networking I've met some great people and have been able to connect people with one another. Recently I was able to refer someone I met at one networking group to a person in a different networking group and now they'll be doing business together. My reward? Satisfaction in knowing that I helped these two people out.

What will you do this week to network and learn about someone's business?

No comments: