Saturday, September 20, 2008

Using Linked In to Connect

Earlier this year I created a profile on LinkedIn and started answering questions. It didn't take long before someone read one of my answers, found it interesting, and wanted to connect with me. That's how I met Mindy Krueger. Mindy and I connected on LinkedIn and enjoyed each other's comments so much that we connected by phone and eventually by email and snail mail.

Mindy is a relationship building consultant and independent distributor of Send Out Cards. Her website is here. She also has a blog. The connection we made initially through LinkedIn has been very valuable to us both. We've asked each other's opinions on our businesses and received valuable feedback from each other.

When I have a new idea and want an honest opinion, I ask Mindy. She's let me email her information about new aspects of my business and her comments have helped me fine tune what I'm doing. I've been able to mail her marketing materials and get her constructive feedback so I can improve what I do. She asked me about her business and what suggestions I had. So LinkedIn has proved valuable to me just in this one connection I made.

I hope you visit Mindy's website and read her blog. Have you made a valuable business connection on LinkedIn? I'd love to hear about it!

"The cost of traditional marketing methods can be a little daunting for a start-up business. Your plan utilizes much of the free marketing available if one is just willing to commit to a consistent plan." - Mindy Krueger

No comments: